Saturday, February 14, 2009

{Happy Valentine's Day}

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Tonight's post is inspired by Dawn's McVey's Color Challenge in celebration of Papertrey Ink's 2 year anniversary. Are you staying up for the big reveal? I have to tell you that my sister and I are *HUGE* Dawn McVey groupies. We have loved her blog for the longest time, then she became a member of the PTI design team and now she is designing her own stamps. Her knack for combining colors that you would never imagine putting together has given her a style that is immediately recognizable. My sis and I are soooo excited about the release of Damask Designs. Anyway, this card is a definite case of one of Dawn's from this week though I subbed out the stamp set for Heart Prints and the sentiment is from Verve Visuals. I used the same colors and a button from Making Memories. The card is for my sweetheart--a virtual valentine since we aren't together tonight. Wishing everyone lots of love! My sister promised to participate tonight??? Where is she?? :-)


5 comments:

Gwen said...

wow this is gorgeous!! love the color combo you chose!!!

Dana said...

Fantastic card! I used the same combo(but added in the green too) and it was HARD.
I love the stamps set you used... I used to be on the DT for Verve and that was one of my faves.

Alli Miles said...

Super fun card!

Jennifer Warthan said...

Your work is beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by my site.

AKiteFlier said...

Love it - how fun and great color choices! Hope you gals eventually got your luggage back from the cruise...
Hugs n smiles.